Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Anniversary Babe!







On June 5, 2004, Brett and I were to Lake Powell with his family. He and I were floating on a tube talking about our life. In the conversation marriage came up. We had been only dating 1 1/2 months and there was no doubt we were going to be together forever. Just a few weeks later he flew home with me to meet "the parents." I remember getting on the plane flying back to Utah and thinking to myself...."I will never come to this Island again single." Oh was I right. HOWEVER I had no idea that it was going to be so soon. I recall calling my mom on July 12th to inform her we were official engaged. I will never forget her saying..."You mean you are going to get married NEXT August 13th."
"Oh no, This August 13th."
"You mean 1 month and 1 day from today and I am in North Carolina."
1 month and 1 day from that conversation we had the most beautiful wedding you can ever imagine. Needless to say the phone bill was $600 that month but it all worked out.:)
In the past four years Brett and I have grown to love each other More and More. We have had our challenges joining an already started family of 3 but it as been wonderful. Brett is such a wonderful husband and father. Easton and Brooklyn love him so much. Some nights I just sit back and watch him playing with them and realize I have a bit of heaven here on this earth.
Thank you, Brett, for 4 wonderful years. I look forward to growing old with you!
Your eternal companion,
"Sweets"






6 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't imagine going from single to married with 2 kids then 2 to 4 in just a few years but you and Kate Gosling from the show "John and Kate plus 8" are better women than I! haha Love the pictures of your beautiful family!

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary. You look so great in all your pictures. Sounds like you have a great best friend
Liz

Peppers Clan said...

Awe...Happy Anniversary!! I'm so happy for you! Congrats on having such a wonderful husband and family!

Auger Family said...

Cute! Happy Anniversary! I didn't realize how much we were on the same schedule. We got married within a month of each other and we had Easton and Boston within a few months of each other and Brooklyn and Lillie within a few weeks of each other! I don't know about you but hopefully no kids for a few more years LOL! I am exhausted to say the lesat. Well I hope you had a great anniverary! OH and one last thing we are totally Yankees fans at our house that is how come Boston can wear a yankees shirt LOL bad name for him huh! OH well! He is still pretty cute

Ellen said...

Happy anniversary, you deserve only the best and it certainly sounds/looks like you have it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to one of the neatest couples I know.